Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Precious In My Sight

In the Old Testemant of the Bible, the prophet Isaiah writes:
  • "But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine...because you are precious in my sight, and honored, and I love you." (Isaiah 43:1, 4a)

After nearly a three year journey, these words of God spoken to the prophet will take on new meaning. Within the next few days, our international adoption from China, begun on Mother's Day, May 2005, will begin moving to completion; we expect to receive our referral notice. Thus begins our journey as parents; parents who will shortly thereafter travel to China and say to the little one resting in our arms for the very first time, "we have called you by name, you are ours...because you are precious in our sight, and honored, and we love you."

Many of you have been with us on this jounery, too, for which we offer you deep graditude. Over the course of the next few months, we invite you to continue with us as we travel to China. It is our hope to be able to send you updates, pictures and videos so that you may also become familiar the one who is precious in our sight.

God's peace and love,

Brad

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats on your daughter! She's lovely. Our daughter is from the same orphanage! They took very good care of her and for that we are so grateful! I have pictures that I'd be happy to share with you of the orphanage tour that we took.

Courtney said...

Oh, and the orphanage director told us that "Bo" means "gentle and/or mild".

Grandma said...

Congratualations on your beautiful baby.
My son and his wife also will be going to China soon to get their little girl, whose name is Bo Ni. My son was told that Bo stood for where she was found in a RR station. I don't know where their orphanage is, but it may be the same one where your baby is. Pictures of Bo Ni at 4 months show her in the same pjs and in a similar chair to your baby. I have checked a map of the Provinces with the major cities listed and the only name I can find that has Bo in it is Ningbo which is in Zhejiang Province, on the seacoast.
Do you know where your orphanage is located and where the bus station is where your baby was found? (other than the county bus station).

Grandma said...

Grandma again: Through another waiting Chinese mother-to-be, I found a link to the county names in Jiangxi Province which gave Poyang as also called Boyang. Since both your daughter Ellie and my son/wife's baby have on the exact same pjs in their pictures and both have Bo in their names. I think they are in the same orphanage.
My son and his wife are just waiting to get their travel date, which they think will be in early June.
Their child Bo Ni was born Aug. 31,2007. We have been told that Bo means "precious" and that Ni means "rosy cloud". Her American name will be Grace Ni.